Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Realities of Marketing - Part IV (Affiliate Revenues)

Time seems to fly so fast when you are having fun or you are very busy with something you enjoy doing, such as I do with my articles on Marketing.

Just today alone between 9:00 a.m and 1:00 p.m, I have received over 40 emails related to finding a job at home or to buy this and that product online. For me it is a lot because I want to try and treat every marketer fairly and give them the time they are due. But before I can do this, I need to weed out what is potentially good for me and what is a definite trap or cash grab.

I also know that a lot of these emails are coming from Affiliate Marketers, which is my subject for today.

I am not here to tell you what type of a person you need to be, that is not my place, however you probably already know that the internet is loaded with people and businesses just ready to rape your wallets of any spare cash you may have, so be cautious and do your due diligence at all times before you make any final decisions.

So back to Affiliate Marketing, as I was going on a tangent there.

I don't want to be rude and presume we are all Internet geniuses here, so I am going to pay respect to all reading this article and point out exactly what Affiliate Marketing is.

Affiliate Marketing is where you will advertise specific vendor(s) web link(s) directly on your site and for every person that purchases a product or service from that vendor via your site, you will be paid a specific commission. In lament terms, place the web link of your web hosting provider on your site and if anyone clicks on that link and eventually buys from the web hosting vendor, you get paid. It is as simple as that.

For anyone starting a Home Based Business to promote one thing or another, you will find out, if you haven't already that many of the websites that you used to build your site & host your site offer Affiliate Programs, the same will apply for many Product Placement and Advertising sites.

By becoming actively involved in Affiliate Marketing, you can earn yourself a tidy residual income stream. The more Affiliations you have tied with the growing level of traffic you can generate, will lead to even greater income flow.

I have personally taken all the necessary steps to ensure that I optimize not only my website, but my income stream. I am not here to offer Gold Pots at the end of a rainbow, because I cannot. I generate a comfortable amount of money that suits my needs and as my desire for more grows, I will look at increasing my affiliations and other alternative revenue streams. But I am here to say that Affiliate Marketing can only be a good thing if you have a successful website that is generating high traffic.

I will end this article off by again saying that any form of income achieved by way of the Internet/Home Based Business will require a solid effort and hard work. But most importantly, it will require that you are up to speed on as many aspects as possible related to internet traffic. In other words you truly need to know how to maximize your daily traffic and that requires understanding how to achieve that traffic. Without it, you are just a tiny little star in a monstrous Internet galaxy.

Good luck and have fun, that is what is most important!

Until the next time.

CP

Looking for some Affiliate Programs, try some of these.

http://www.thekeywordacademy.com

http://www.fotolia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment